On 1 February 2018 the movie WILD: Colorful families on the Veluwe will premiere in Dutch cinemas. Throughout 2018 there will be many activities on the Veluwe based on this movie. Our partner VVV Nunspeet uit de Kunst will organize various activities!
On this page we will collect all activities. Please contact the reception desk if you have any questions or want more information.
You can book the following tours at VVV Nunspeet uit de Kunst:
• Wild scavenger hunts, wild observation tours and the wild cycling tour.
• From mid-September to the beginning of October we also offer burling tours.
• Take a look at "The colorful families of the Veluwe!"
• Following you will find some background information about the tours.
The Wild scavenger hunt is a hiking tour of about 2.5 hours. You will actively "hunt" the Veluwse forests for wild animals. During this tour you will receive a lot of information about how the animals live, and you will find many tracks of their hidden lives.
From 1 March to 15 September, every Thursday and Saturday.
Start times vary, you will receive this information when you book at the VVV in Nunspeet (0341-274747).
The Wild cycling tour in May, July and August. A hefty cycling tour of 20 to 25 kilometers. We will take plenty of time for this, the tour will take about 3 to 3.5 hours. You will cycle on mostly unpaved sandy paths leading through slightly hilly landscapes. The guide will lead you to the most beautiful spots of the Kroondomein. You are almost ensured to encounter some wild animals. This tour will also supply you with a lot of information about how the animals live. During this tour a few Steiner binoculars will be available for rent. The cycling tour is suited for children of about 7 to 8 years old. Contact us about bringing younger children on the back of a bicycle. Starts in Emst.
Specific dates are available for the Wild cycling tour, see below.
You can book at the VVV in Nunspeet (0341-274747).
3 May, departure 5 PM
12 July, departure 6:45 PM
19 July, departure 6:30 PM
26 July, departure 6:15 PM
2 August, departure 6:15 PM
9 August, departure 6 PM
16 August, departure 5:45 PM
23 August, departure 5:30 PM
The Wild observation touris a tour leading you on a 30-minute walk through the forest to the observation hut. In the hut you will sit down and wait for what will come and show itself on the field. Here you will also get some information about how the animals live.
This tour starts at the Apeldoornseweg in Elspeet.
Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 1 January to the end of December.
Start time may vary, you will receive this information upon booking at the VVV in Nunspeet (0341-274747)
The burling tours will be given from 15 September to the start of October.
The red deer is the largest wild animal in The Netherlands, and its mating season takes place during the period mentioned above. During mating season, (male) deer "burl" beautifully, a true primal sound!! You can best hear this ancient sound on a clear, cold night or morning. Then the males court the females and start rough fights with their rivals!! If you're lucky, you can hear the clattering of antlers during a tour.
- From Nunspeet. From 15 September to the start of October. Hearing the deer is the main purpose of this tour. From the meeting point you will travel by bus together with the group to the tour's starting point. Near Nunspeet, carpool lot above the A28 exit (exit Elspeet, Nunspeet). Costs tour: €8.50
- From Vierhouten. From 15 September to the start of October. From the meeting point you will travel together with the group to the tour's starting point. Hearing the deer is the main purpose of this tour. From Vierhouten near parking lot Nunspeterweg/Ganzenakkers. Costs tour: €8.50
- From Emst.From 15 September to the start of October. Hearing the deer is the main purpose of this tour; tours start after sundown when the lands is dark. Before the tour you will attend a small presentation about wildlife on the Veluwe. From the meeting point you will travel together with the group to the tour's starting point. In Emst near camping site De Wildhoeve, Hanendorperweg 102. Costs tour, coffee/tea and presentation included: €9.75
For all these tours you will need to book in advance at the VVV in Nunspeet (0341-274747).
A tour will only take place when there are enough participants.
You can see wild animals all year long on the Veluwe, but the best time of the year is between May and September.
Come and look for wild boars on the Veluwe. Look for rubs, wallows, drops, and rootings. What those are? You will hear that from the forester. He will show you all these identifying signs. Chances are high that you will encounter a real wild boar family. You will be welcomed by the forester with coffee/tea/lemonade and a nice snack. Then you step into the off-road vehicle for a game drive through the Vierhouter forest. You will go to places where you would normally never go. Depending on the start time, a hearty meal with homemade soup, brown bread with cheese and meat is waiting for you either before or after the tour. Of course, every participant will receive a Big Five passport with a stamp of a paw print of the wild boar from the forester.
Book well in advance, because these tours are very popular!
For more information and booking, visit the website of Staatsbosbeheer, the forest management agency:https://www.staatsbosbeheer.nl/activiteiten/veluwe/op-zoek-naar-de-grote-vijf-op-de-veluwe-wild-zwijn